Want your candles to burn more smoothly, smell divine, and last longer? Read these tips before lighting up to help you maximize your candles.
- Put in direct sunlight.
- Move the melted wax around the jar or try to play with the resin. This will cause the wax to become uneven and promote uneven burning.
- Light another candle with an already burning candle! This could get messy; use AMAKIN matchbox set instead.
- Burn for more than four hours. The wick can create a large and unstable flame.
- Forget to trim your wick! Untrimmed wicks lead to soot, smoke, and popping noises the next time you burn. Soot buildup leaves your candle looking dirty and full of debris.
- Leave wick debris in the candle after you have trimmed the wick. Debris can catch fire easily and leave the candle looking messy.
- Fall asleep or leave unattended while your candle is burning.
- Forget to get the maximum fragrance out of your candles. Keep windows, and doors shut and burn in desired location or space for 30 minutes to enhance aromas.
- Clean the glass if residue starts to appear. Grab a cotton pad with warm water to clean your glass
- Think about the temperature of the room. You don’t want your wax to melt!
- Store your candles in a cool, dark, and dry place.
- Keep the candle away from moving air, near curtains, or any other potentially hazardous materials that could catch fire.
- Burn on heat-safe surfaces
- Extinguish the candle if it flickers, smokes or the flame becomes too high; these indicate the candle is not burning properly and the flame isn’t controlled. It is best to let the candle cool off, trim your wick, and make sure there aren’t any drafts before re-lighting.
- Reuse your candle jar! Check out our blog post on creative ways to reuse AMAKIN candle glasses.
- Love your candles and enjoy their calming aromas!